- Home >
- Degrees, Programs, and Certificates >
- Operations Excellence Certificate
Operations Excellence Certificate
David Haus, PhD, Dean
Phone: (419) 995-8422
Office: JJC 117
Students in the program will learn how to implement lean systems in manufacturing, office, and service settings. They will focus on how to improve processes, plan, manage, and sustain continuous improvement and create strategic plans. The completion of this coursework prepares students toward the Six Sigma Black Belt.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion, the student will be able to:
- Describe each of the major aspects of lean systems
- Explain specific techniques related to establishing and maintaining a lean system
- Identify applications of lean techniques in manufacturing, service, and office settings
- Recognize the challenges and methods for managing and planning in a lean organization
- Discuss the organizational requirements to successfully sustain continuous improvement
- Control the flow of material with appropriate process documentation in the most efficient manner, while employing lean principles, operational flow strategies, value stream mapping, inventory control, and scheduling
- Develop skills to manage operations and strategically plan for the long-term viability of a manufacturing business for the purpose of promoting the mission, vision and core values
See here for details.
The completion of this coursework prepares students toward the Six Sigma Black Belt.
|OET 1100||Operations Management||3|
|OET 1110||Introduction to Operations Excellence||3|
|OET 1120||Tools of Operations Excellence 1||4|
|OET 2015||Statistics for SPC 1||3|
|OET 2021||Advanced Tools of Operations Excellence 1||3|
|OET 2120||Quality Management Systems||3|
|OET 2210||Logistics and Supply Chain||3|
|OET 2510||Lean Systems||3|
|OET 2970||Cost Analysis and Estimating||4|
|OET 2980||OET Capstone||3|
Completion of this coursework prepares students toward the Six Sigma Greenbelt.