Associate of Technical Studies
Eric Mason, EdD, MSN, RN, Dean
Phone: (419) 995-8265
Office: KH 202
The Associate of Technical Studies (ATS) is designed for students whose career goals do not match exactly with those of existing programs. It enables the design of a personalized course of study using content from existing technical programs. By blending technical courses with general and basic studies selections, students can create a coherent arrangement of courses across program majors to produce a customized learning experience.
When it becomes clear that the student’s educational goals cannot be accomplished through one of the existing technical programs, the Office of Advising may assist with the initiation of the Associate of Technical Studies (ATS). The student must complete an application for entrance into the ATS, outlining the proposed plan to meet program requirements. This should be created with assistance from the Division Dean, Program Chair, and/or academic advisor. The completed application is submitted to the Academic Dean overseeing the major program of study for review with the student and academic advisor to determine that the proposed plan meets the overall objectives of the ATS degree and the needs of the student.
Note: Students may not bring more than 40 completed credit hours to the ATS program.
Candidates for the degree of Associate of Technical Studies must meet the following general and specific requirements:
- Achieve a 2.0 overall grade point average.
- Complete 20 semester hours of residency.
- Declare intent to pursue and complete the degree.
- Complete 60 to 65 semester credit hours based on the agreed upon plan of study.
- The agreed upon curriculum must include General Education including English Composition, selected coursework in Behavorial Sciences, Mathematics, and either Humanities or Life and Physical and Biological Sciences. (see here).
- The agreed upon curriculum must include Basic/ Related Studies credit hours or the equivalent. One hour must be SDE 1010 First Year Experience . See academic advising for exceptions.
- Fifty percent of the agreed upon curriculum must be in Technical Studies credit hours or the equivalent.
- Completion of an appropriate Capstone course.
For More Information, Contact:
Rhodes State College
4240 Campus Drive
Lima, OH 45804