Power Skills for Business and Industry
Joseph Abbott, PhD, Chair
Phone: (419) 995-8856
Office: 220E Galvin Hall
Designed with both the employer and employee in mind, the Power Skills for Business and Industry Certificate is developed to provide you with the skills to contribute to positive customer experiences, to facilitate more collaborative work environments, and to help businesses support today’s multi-generational and diverse employee population and economic marketplace.
Many of the must-have skills for tomorrow’s top-performing employees are behavioral. Research by business and industry leadership consistently indicates that employers are looking for employees who can adapt to change, prioritize, work effectively in team environments, and communicate effectively in business contexts. These skills and others like them have become known as “power” skills, and they are essential in the workplace of the future.
The 16-semester hour Power Skills for Business and Industry Certificate can be completed in one semester. All courses are offered online or in a hybrid format, as well as in the traditional classroom. The Power Skills for Business and Industry Certificate teaches skills in decision-making, problem-solving, communication, and self-awareness that you need to stay competitive in the in the modern, global business environment. Students are provided with training in leadership and interpersonal skills with the goal of increasing individual performance, work productivity, and personal growth.
Power Skills for Business and Industry Certificate
- Complete the certificate in one semester (full time)
- Can start any semester (Fall, Spring, or Summer)
- All classes are offered online, hybrid, or in the traditional classroom setting.
- Students can add credentials to their resume by completing the Power Skills for Business and Industry Certificate as part of another degree or certificate.
- Courses can transfer into other programs, such as the Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree
The Power Skills for Business and Industry Certificate teaches skills that are applicable to a wide variety of careers and for every stage of a specific career.