Conditions for Transfer Admission
- Ohio residents with associate degrees from state-assisted institutions and a completed, approved Transfer Module shall be admitted to a state institution of higher education in Ohio, provided their cumulative grade point average is at least 2.0 for all previous college-level courses. Further, these students shall have admission priority over out-of-state associate degree graduates and transfer students.
- When students have earned associate degrees but have not completed a Transfer Module, they will be eligible for preferential consideration for admission as transfer students if they have grade point averages of at least a 2.0 for all previous college-level courses.
- In order to encourage completion of the baccalaureate degree, students who are not enrolled in an A.A. or A.S. degree program but have earned 60 semester or 90 quarter hours or more of credit toward a baccalaureate degree with a grade point average of at least a 2.0 for all previous college-level courses will be eligible for preferential consideration for admission as transfer students.
- Students who have not earned an A.A. or A.S. degree or who have not earned 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours of credit with a grade point average of at least a 2.0 for all previous college-level courses will be eligible for preferential consideration for admission as transfer students.
- Incoming transfer students admitted to a college or university shall compete for admission to selective programs, majors, and units on an equal basis with students native to the receiving institution.
Admission to a given institution, however, does not guarantee that a transfer student will be automatically admitted to all majors, minors, or fields of concentration at the institution. Once admitted, transfer students shall be subject to the same regulations governing applicability of catalog requirements as native students. Furthermore, transfer students shall be accorded the same class standing and other privileges as native students on the basis of the number of credits earned. All residency requirements must be completed at the receiving institution.