Rhodes State College welcomes international students. Students from other countries may require additional documentation to attend. Specific requirements have been set forth for international students. Those seeking international student status on an F-1 Visa must comply with the following steps:
- Provide country of birth and country of citizenship. Rhodes State College requires international applicants (not a United States citizen and who are not permanent residents) to provide this information as an admissions requirement.
- Provide the most current foreign address. International applicants (not a United States citizen and who are not permanent residents) must provide this information to satisfy admission requirements.
- Provide proof of English language proficiency. Rhodes State College requires any F-1 international applicant (not a United States citizen and who are not permanent residents) to obtain a minimum score of 550 on the paper-based or 213 on the computer-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or a minimum score of 80 on the Michigan Test of English Language Proficiency (MTELP).
- Must provide proof of adequate financial support. International students (not a United States citizen and who are not permanent residents) must submit evidence of financial support through proper documentation (bank statements, income verification letters, sponsor letters, scholarship offers, etc.)
- Copies or transcripts or other records of courses taken.
- Must be accepted for the purpose of enrolling in a full-time program of study, not as a part-time or casual student. When an international student is accepted to the College, the student will receive Form I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility) which must be presented to the US Consulate in the student’s home country to arrange for an F-1 visa.
For more information, contact the Office of Admissions located in the Public Service Building, Room 148.