Rhodes State College welcomes international students. Students from other countries may require additional documentation to attend. Specific requirements have been set forth for international students wishing to attend Rhodes State. The College defines international applicants as those students who are not a United States citizen and who are not permanent residents. Those seeking international student status on an F-1 Visa or F-1 Immigration Status must comply with the following steps:
- Provide country of birth and country of citizenship.
- Provide the most current foreign address.
- Provide proof of English language proficiency. International students must obtain a minimum score of 550 on the paper-based or 213 on the computer-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or a minimum score of 80 on the Michigan Test of English Language Proficiency (MTELP).
- Must provide proof of adequate financial support.
- Provide copies, transcripts or other records of courses taken.
- Must be accepted for the purpose of enrolling in a full-time program of study, not as a part-time or casual student. When an international student is accepted to the College, the student will receive Form I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility) which must be presented to the US Consulate in the student’s home country to arrange for an F-1 visa.
For more information, contact the Office of Adult and Traditional Enrollment located in the Public Service Building, Room 148 or phone at (419) 995-8320.